THE IMPORTANCE OF PLANTS TO HUMANS AND NATURE
Plants grace the earth as a green planet. They are the backbone of human life and the environment. Plants can be grown at homes, gardens, farms, roadside etc. They promote clean air, food, and water to all the living organisms of the earth. The Importance & Uses Of Plants To Human, Nature, Environment, Animals are briefly discussed below.
IMPORTANCE OF PLANTS TO HUMANS
- Plants provide food to the human beings: plants are the key source of food for humans. Foods like fruits, seeds, tuberous roots etc. are edible foods produced by plants
- Plants are the largest factory of textile and fabric. These are eco-friendly clothing material that is less expensive in the markets. Materials like Cotton, jute are provided by plants to a human for their clothing.
- A good amount of wood is provided by plants to the humans to manufacture furniture and build a shelter. Trees like teak, neem, and red sandal provide a good quality of wood for making doors, chairs, shelves, tables, etc.“The Importance & Uses Of Plants To Human, Nature, Environment, Animals”.
- Flowers are the beautiful creation of nature. Their fragrance and bright colors are used by humans for making various products like perfumes, garlands, beauty products etc.
- Medicines are the need for every human being nowadays. Plants widely contribute to providing medicines to cure life-threatening diseases.
- Plants are the good source of vitamins. They are enriched with various micronutrients that are essential for the human body.
- The commonly used rubber and plastic are also provided by plants. These natural products help in manufacturing tire, wiring, seats etc.“The Importance & Uses Of Plants To Human, Nature, Environment, Animals”.
IMPORTANCE OF PLANTS TO NATURE
- Plants are the primary agents of the food chain. They lead the food chain by holding the first position like Grass→ Cow→ Lion.
- Plants maintain the gaseous balance in the air. Animals release carbon dioxide and take up oxygen from plants. Oxygen is the important gas emitted by plants that is a support system for both human beings and nature.“The Importance & Uses Of Plants To Human, Nature, Environment, Animals”.
- Plants play an important role in preventing soil erosion. As they grow in the land they make the soil fertile.
- Plants maintain an ecological balance of the environment. They impart greenery and reduce drying up of moisture. They also keep a balanced atmosphere while reducing the heat that prevails in the environment.
- Plant help in the emergence of rainfall. They give a cooling effect in the atmosphere resulting in rainfall. They indirectly maintain the water balance of the environment by refilling the rivers and water bodies through rainfall.“The Importance & Uses Of Plants To Human, Nature, Environment, Animals”.
- Plats maintain the fertility of the soil. The dropped leaves and fruits on the land increase the humus that indirectly increases the soil fertility.
- Plants provide shelter for animal and birds. Animals like monkeys and squirrels find their home on the trees and birds build their nests on them. Plants also provide nutrition to land insects like earthworms, centipede etc.
“The Importance & Uses Of Plants To Human, Nature, Environment, Animals”.