ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF SEX EDUCATION IN SCHOOL:
Sex education in school is a controversial debate nowadays. This subject covers all the essential information about sex and its related issues that students should know. It was earlier believed to be a personal affair that is not to be discussed openly in public, but with growing crime in today’s society where children are being victimized, to protect them from such inappropriate acts they should be given the basic knowledge of sex, sexual practices, child sexual abuse and sexually transmitted diseases. “Advantages & Disadvantages Of Sex Education In School, Pros & Cons”
World health organization have accorded that sex education should be imparted to children of 12 or above age. This rule has been made considering the statistics that around 34% of HIV infected persons are between the age group of 12 to 19.
Like other ideologies, there are various advantages and disadvantages of sex education in school which are briefly listed below:
ADVANTAGES OF SEX EDUCATION IN SCHOOL:
- School is an important area of learning for a child. It plays an important role in imparting correct knowledge about sex and sexual abuse to prevent experimental sex by adolescence.
- Sex education programs promote the use protections by teenagers whilst indulging in a physical act. “Advantages & Disadvantages Of Sex Education In School, Pros & Cons”.
- Children can understand the impact of sex on their lives through sex education in the school. Such information widens the horizon of the children and curbing all the myths rumored in the society.
- Sex education clears all the doubts about the changes occurring in the onset of puberty and hormonal surges.
- The curiousness to known about the other gender is cleared while imparting sex education in the school.
- The social malice Child sexual abuse is afflicting thousands worldwide. The eduction about sex in school aware the children with such abuse and help in curbing such evil acts.
- A difference about good and bad touch is very well made during the sex education in the school. “Advantages & Disadvantages Of Sex Education In School, Pros & Cons”.
- It is always the best possible way to teach about sex health than gathering any ill knowledge from other sources such as pornography or different sites on internet.
- To prevent teenage pregnancies, HIV infection sex education in school plays an important role.
DISADVANTAGES OF SEX EDUCATION IN SCHOOL:
- Most of the times the task of teaching sex education is given to a non expert that can be harmful as the information rendered could be incorrect or misleading.
- The sense of embarrassment or excitable can be a subject matter of the education. It should certainly be taught under specific teaching lines. “Advantages & Disadvantages Of Sex Education In School, Pros & Cons”
- It should be a part of the main course than treated as co curricular subject to build the interest of both students and the teachers.
- Religious disparities should certainly be kept out of reach to sex education as it may harm any ideology and can negatively impact the students.
“Advantages & Disadvantages Of Sex Education In School, Pros & Cons”